[Tango-L] Piazzolla is not played at Traditional Milongas

Barbra buffmilonguera at aol.com
Fri Aug 21 17:39:16 EDT 2009

I bought the album, and I agree, not necessarily the 50 songs that I
would find essential, but interesting and more than a few new ones for
me.  I also haven't heard, so far, anything I would really dance to,
but there are some very nice listening songs.

I don't know if anyone has experienced this - but I have changed a lot
in how I think about tango music.  When I began, anything and
everything was fair game, I danced to anything "tango" and a lot that
wasn't.  Then, every song was measured against a "danceability
standard."  Now, I find that I have two kinds of music, dancing and
listening.....has this been the case for other folks?