[Tango-L] Research project: Correlation between cultural identity and tango

Shahrukh Merchant shahrukh at shahrukhmerchant.com
Sun Aug 16 15:45:09 EDT 2009

> It would appear I can't fill in the survey without disabling important
> security features of my browser, so I won't complete it. Sorry!

Which made me go to check it out. No conflicts with my browser settings,
but be aware that it makes you go through a seemingly never-ending set
of word-associations. I gave up after 64 of them, without getting any
indication as to (a) when if ever this was going to end (b) whether my
efforts would be wasted if I didn't stick it out till the end (when and
if it really came) (c) whether the real survey was possibly on the
patience of Tango dancers (how long would they click on levels in a
word-association game proposed by an anonymous Tango research figure
until they gave up--the "64" datapoint is mine  ... :-) ?) (d) who was
really behind the survey (no indication in the original email nor on the
website) (e) why the need for an email address (albeit optional) "to
receive the survey results" when the obvious thing to do would be to
post the results back to Tango-L?

It may very well be legitimate, but I would suggest that the
survey-taker may wish to answer or address some of these points to get a
better and more useful response (and that others may wish to wait for
the response before participating, just in case).

Shahrukh