[Tango-L] Press Delete please

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 14 21:52:35 EDT 2009

Bettina not long ago you started a discussion by saying among other things:

"We may be afraid tango loses its essence ifwe don't think of it so much as Argentine (like the Nuevo talk) butrather a universal quality, who knows what comes of it, in terms ofart, expansion, evolution . . . yes there is beauty to the origin andtradition, but also limitation, and we are in a changing world andtango is evolvig with it . . or maybe we are evolving with morediscovery of tango . . ."

You have stated many times that "tango, like everything in life is evolving".

We do not have any problem with that, let tango evolve, let's see what happens, but you have to recognize that there are some art forms that come to us from the past that are so good, that its excellency made us to cherish them and try to preserve them for ever, as they are. (Wagner, Bach, Beethoven, Liszt, Schubert, etc are good examples).

 For me A.Tango has those characteristics. I like it as it is. Most people seem to like it as it is.

There are some that wish to experiment, change the choreography, change the music, change the feeling; this is fine as well, let them dance the way they wish.

I do not understand why all of a sudden you resent an intelligent discussion.

Mostly when you are not obligated to read anything.

As to Dierdre, she never posted anything that I can remember but resents that Brian wishes to have a discussion.  Interesting human behavior. :))

If we all "shut Up" there is going to be a lot of silence here and...I like silence as well. Whatever you wish is fine by me.

Un abrazo, Sergio