[Tango-L] Teacup tango

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Mon Aug 10 05:49:34 EDT 2009

Charles, how do you know these two are tango dancers at all? They stated
their love of drinking tea, not of dancing Argentine tango, and the
video is an entry to a video contest advertising the fun of drinking
tea, apparently, judging from the other videos, and they were just
asking for feedback for that..
I think, watching two dancing tea pots to ballroom or whatever tango
music out of the can is not likely to confuse people about how to dance
tango.
On the other hand, I would at least imagine that even if they are not
tango dancers, at least a woman, with her mimics, gestures and
expressiveness would have the stuff to be a great tanguera, and lucky
the man to have such a hell of a flirtatious wife. ; )
It does not hurt to have a little sense of humour, Charles. I am not
planning to dance to the music in this video but I can still enjoy it
for a laugh.

Astrid