[Tango-L] japanese Tango

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Fri Aug 7 23:26:51 EDT 2009

these two are Noriko and Akiyoshi Tanada, and yes, I am surprised about
that costume. When I have seen Noriko, she was always wearing very
subdued, conservative looking dresses that ended below the knee. Those
two are married, they met in BsAs, if that makes you feel any better.
And no, they do not come from contemporary dance, I believe, those two
were ballroom teachers before. All their early performances showed
valse. Japanese are extremely competitive people, and they overdo it
sometimes, using whatever means they have at their disposal. If a
transparent dress has to add some extra "passion", maybe...But this is
definitely a new one.

http://www31.ocn.ne.jp/~tango/index.html

Here is another clip of them dancing tango de salon while teaching in
Hawaii..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chZk3NKlLWE