[Tango-L] Tango is Argentine

bettina maria fahlbusch bettinamaria7 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:34:24 EDT 2009

Thank you everyone engaged here in this quite enlightening and
humorous and interesting conversation! I get one thing from it - it is
not all as black and white as some folks may want to think it is,
Tango is a large mystery and it circles all around CONNECTION, union
in a greater sense, and we all know what that kind of bliss feels like
to be in total synchronicity God forbid out of the blue even with a
stranger that may not fit the bill otherwise . . . The very gift of
Tango, it is not to be analyzed as is, but to be experienced and
enjoyed, and I do believe, not to be owned, but honored. It comes from
the streets and has universal origin. It goes back out into the world.
So while some of us - or many - may be afraid it loses its essence if
we don't think of it so much as Argentine (like the Nuevo talk) but
rather a universal quality, who knows what comes of it, in terms of
art, expansion, evolution . . . yes there is beauty to the origin and
tradition, but also limitation, and we are in a changing world and
tango is evolvig with it . . or maybe we are evolving with more
discovery of tango . . .