[Tango-L] What is tango? II

Keith Elshaw keith at totango.net
Wed Aug 5 03:13:42 EDT 2009

I'm a big fan of Sergio's postings. Can't help it.

In the last, which included all those videos, one jumped-out at me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXU9nojcFQo

In my heart of hearts, I wish more demonstration tango was shown this way.

They are doing a "show" - but it's tango-tango. Doing the fine-line thing
very well.

Nice choice of music.

The woman - I don't care if she doesn't have a name, I love her - can wrap
her arms around me any-old time.

The man is dancing tango. It isn't choreographed (he kind of almost misses
the ending) but it is true and I wish people around the world could see
this kind of thing.

I find this dance sweet. Doing a lot without struggling to. Making a show
without trying to. Etc.

Thanks, Sergio.