[Tango-L] Milonga?

DocDAS@aol.com DocDAS at aol.com
Sun Aug 2 11:00:47 EDT 2009

Sorry Keith I don't agree with not being able to do tango moves to milonga
rhythm. The secret or simply the technique of dancing to Milonga rhythm is
to  step on each beat or the accented beat as some would prefer and or
double  time or traspie. Doing the basic steps 1-5 followed with a molinete
looks good and is a nice variation to milonga steps/moves; and certainly  fits
the rhythm. It was good enough for Pablo Pugliese when he taught  it in a
work shop years ago and it works for me as well without  pushing! Give it a
try and maybe you'll be less annoyed at milongas  when you see other dancers
incorporating basic tango steps; unless of course  they are just
inexperienced and/or bad dancers. Try it you may like it.
Dan

Keith Elshaw wrote:
> Yes, you may imagine me being slightly peeved  when I see people doing
> tango moves while trying to dance  milonga.
>
> I feel sorry for the women being pushed around to make  something happen
> that just isn't natural.
>
> And I feel  sorry for the men who just don't get it.
>
> 1-2/2-2
>
>  Is not at all the same as
>
> 1 2 3 4
>
> When will  teachers show the difference?

steps!
=JulystepsfooterNO115)