[Tango-L] the nuevo talk . .

bettina maria fahlbusch bettinamaria7 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 1 02:30:20 EDT 2009

Ok so let's face it: WHY have we all come to Tango - nuevos or
whateversaloners or Milongueros? because there is some feeling, there
is connection, there is some magic - sorry to say but excpt wen I
watch Chico and his partner (sorry forgot her name  my apoogies) I see
NO MAGIC  and NO connection i "nuevo" people watch the floor, look
away, and they all mostly dance the saem hypnotic movements that are
no longer original if not created or improvised but one copied from
another.

The original Tango started by creative people improvising , talking
creating - and they had noone to copy from - so they had to express
what was inside. True dance comes from the inside out. It is not
copied. It has neither an -ism nor is it following. It is original.

The wonderful gift of the Tango should be honored by keeipng the
essence alive, meaning, the feeling and expression of emotions and
passion and whatever else there maybe - mystery? Something one cannot
explain?

 To reduce it to how cool of a step and moves you can make while the
inside is closed - or instead there is a "look at me how cool I can do
it?! " it shows - as there is nothing that moves the observer. Just a
bunch of moving legs. May as well hit the gym. Yes, surely I would
never be compelled by that, as what made all of us initially enroll in
a Beginner Tango Class or even close up shop and move to BsAs before
we classified ourselves into categories, was the fascination by the
connection, synchronicity between 2 humans and expressing feeling,
longing, poetry - what cannot be told?

 Unfortunately in the time where we spend too much time in front of a
computer screen - isolated with a machine -  or in our heads thinking
how it should be? - we lose perhaps sight of the very thing that made
us get into it to start with? Tango is a lot more than steps and moves
- why is noone really talking about that? Where are the seminars about
that?