[Tango-L] Tango (Milongas!) in San Francisco

Alex Long alex at tangofuego.us
Wed Apr 22 13:27:10 EDT 2009

For Loreen...

In addition to George's www.inscenes.com ...

>From very near the dead center of the Texas Hill Country, I was able to find
these links re: Bay Area Tango/Milongas, utilizing the miracle we call
Google:

http://plamilon1.tripod.com/index.htm#LMTAL

http://www.bayareatango.org/calendar_sorted

http://www.virtuar.com/tango/where.htm

(I've heard El Valenciano is a good one, and also that the Milonga @ Club
Verdi has re-started...)

And lastly,

http://tangomango.org/index.php?show=San_Francisco,CA+Alameda,CA+San_Mateo,C
A+Santa_Clara,CA&hide=Contra_Costa,CA+Marin,CA+Santa_Cruz,CA+Monterey,CA

Now as far as "the best" or the most "gender balanced" milongas, I can't
offer anything there, but would guess that gender balance is a crap shoot on
any given night...anywhere in the world...

As far as "the best", that would obviously depend on what you are looking
for in terms of music and general 'level' of dancers. I would recommend that
you contact a few of the local teachers for their input...Ney Melo/Jennifer
Bratt... Christopher Nassopoulos y Caroline Peattie...Christy Cote...Homer &
Cristina...

Google works wonders...

Best of luck and have fun...

Alex