[Tango-L] ..1 1/2 yrs of watching YouTube

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 00:43:33 EDT 2009

> From: Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com

>It's interesting that you noted the music as being important for
> the milonguero.  That's one of the reasons cross system is used so much.

I'm surprised to hear you say that and I'm not sure if I really agree. As Mario noted:

"6. All rhythmic patterns are usually danced in parallel position.  I checked with
some students of the old guard Milongueros and they agree that Parallel feet
was preferred for the most musical/synchopated passages."

I've always thought that the crossed system was used when walking outside
partner as it was then easier to maintain the chest-to-chest contact that is a
requirement of milonguero style. But I do agree that using double-time steps
to change from parallel to crossed and vice-versa can certainly add to his own
musicality.

Jack