[Tango-L] Tergiversar = to distort, twist

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 26 10:16:59 EDT 2008

--- On Fri, 9/26/08, David <dchester at charter.net> wrote:

> >From there, we had some discussion on what an
> invitation is.  At one point I was thinking that some might
> be happier if the terms Leader and Follower were changed to
> Inviter and Decider (as some appear to have strong
> opposition to the idea of the man leading and the woman
> following).  I'll also admit that I'm still confused
> by someone who said they will sometimes "invite" a
> step where she has no choice but to follow.

But, why would you invite her to do something she wouldn't want to do?  With people you dance with regularly, you know what steps or styles they, so you lead/invite accordingly, right?  I interpret "invite" as suggesting something so wonderful that, of course, she'd say "yes".

Alternatives to lead/follow?  Mark/Answer?  Call/Response?

Trini de Pittsburgh