[Tango-L] Ladies choice?

Vince Bagusauskas vytis at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 28 16:27:15 EDT 2008

With many milongas having a lot more women than men, the men feeling under
pressure to dance with all but ending dancing with their friends and
favourites, how should the women who are missing out get a dance?  One
suggestion was that there could be a few tandas of ladies choice.  On the
other hand, some men in particular even here in Australia would object to
this vocally (and rudely), saying it is not the Argentinean thing to do for
a woman to ask a man.  However, I think the last point is made by men who
need to assert their control over women and as an excuse not to dance with
certain women: e.g. older, beginners, strangers. No I don't want to hear
women should learn to lead so they can get a dance.  That is fine practicing
if you are in to that and don't have issues (some women do apparently).