[Tango-L] What to do when teh floor is tight

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 16:58:10 EDT 2008

Nice video, Matin.  As a follower, I personally find it interesting when the man does musical footwork while he's leading me something basic (like back crosses) in place.  It's also cool when he just stands there while leading me into things.  Or perhaps he's playing with my free foot (we contact and he moves it around playfully).

A fun exercise to try is for the man to stand in one place and see what he can lead his partner into.  He'll need to be on both feet for this, shifting weight as needed.  If you think of a step as a combination of an extension, weight transfer, closing, and/or pivot, then you can combine these different elements in a variety of ways - all in place.

Trini de Pittsburgh