[Tango-L] Is the Milonga going Military?

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 14:02:04 EDT 2008

--- On Wed, 10/15/08, Mario <sopelote at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Melina and Detleff doing their interpretation of a Milonga
>   This has got to be the most different looking Milonga
> that I've yet seen on YouTube
>   Wow, super control and discipline introduced into a song
> that sings more of freedom
>   and playfullness.....what do you think?  Does it work?

Mario, your interpretation of this music is quite different from mine.  This milonga by Canaro is somewhat stately and subdued (for grownups), unlike Canaro's Reliquias Portenas, which is fast and playful (gigglefest).  Yes, I'd say Melina's and Detlef's interpretation is spot-on, and is a good match for the second part of the video, which is a slow DiSarli number.

Trini de Pittsburgh