[Tango-L] Tango in Second Life

Joe Grohens joe.grohens at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 12:08:23 EDT 2008

I discovered yesterday that Second Life, the virtual role-playing
environment, has a location for tango: Arrabal Tango Club.

I am not very familiar with Second Life, myself. I have an avatar, but
I have yet to spend much time exploring this game.

The Arrabal Tango Club is nicely designed. When I teleported there, my
avatar was clothed in black. I walked into the bar. I passed another
female player on my way in. At this point I'm trying to figure out how
to get my avatar to sit on a bar stool. I have no idea what will
happen when I try to dance tango.

You can see snapshots from Arrabal Tango Club here: http://www.flickr.com/groups/tangoatarrabal/

You can enter the Second Life location of Arrabal Tango Club here: http://slurl.com/secondlife/Condensation%20Land/32/225/23

Is anyone on the list involved with this SL location? I would like to
know more about how it got started, and who plays it. Are the players
tango dancers in real life?

-joe