[Tango-L] The Canyengue style

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Thu Nov 13 14:39:41 EST 2008

On Thu, Nov 13, 2008 at 11:04 AM, Sergio Vandekier
<sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> There has been a revival of the Canyengue style.

     Gloria and Eduardo have been teaching canyengue on and off at
festivals for years now.  I couldn't find a video of them specifically
performing or teaching canyengue, but I did find a very interesting
one containing a hodgepodge blend of old styles by way of historical
demonstration.  The first bit of the video, if not pure canyengue, is
at least very similar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG7T8fC2UUE

     As an unrelated sidenote, they also do something at 2:05 through
2:10 that very much reminds me of ballroom paso doble, what do you
think?   Interesting.

     I also inadvertently ran across this following gem, and I can't
resist passing it along.  It was only posted last August, and what a
YouTube find!  It is an appearance by Gloria and Eduardo dancing tango
way back in 1973 in a Russian comedy film:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wi6PLgZxXag

Huck