[Tango-L] From: Mario Re: Firpo

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 5 23:04:43 EST 2008

I've also taken classes with Jorge Firpo and, while he's very good and
a lot of fun, it's a huge stretch to classify him as 'a great dancer and
teacher'.

For my taste, he over-emphasises the importance of embellishments
for both man and lady.

I prefer to keep things more simple and elegant. But I'd certainly go
back to his classes. His ex-wife Aurora Lubiz is also excellent and
teaches at the same school. I would also add that Escuela Argentina
de Tango is a great school in general for anyone looking for group
classes. Lots of high-quality teachers at 3 different locations around
the city. And continuous classes daily from around mid-day to 10.00pm.

Jack, HK