[Tango-L] Tango Fallacies, Myths, and Weak Technique

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Thu May 22 11:41:02 EDT 2008

Chris, UK wrote:
>> click on "Tango Fallacies" at the bottom of the TangoScene page.
>
>  "25. The follower is not responsible for safty on the dance floor."
>
> I wonder what makes the author think that's a fallacy.

I also wonder about some others. There are also a lot that are fallacies
or not depending on how you interpret them.

Given the astounding detail with which the author exposes the fallacies
as such, it's hard to know.

It looks like the mere fact that the author includes something on a list
is a proof of fallacy. Actually, *that's* argument to authority in its
worst form, and that *is* a logical fallacy. "Everything I don't believe
in personally must be wrong (be that mere fact)" is indeed a fallacy.

Alexis Cousein                                  al at sgi.com
Senior Systems Engineer/Solutions Architect     SGI/Silicon Graphics
--
<If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals>