[Tango-L] Zotto y Ermocida...dance slooooo

Keith Elshaw keith at totango.net
Tue May 20 15:24:01 EDT 2008

Gavito was, perhaps, the first in recent times to really slow down,
intensely freeze, time and be anti-flash/fast. He raised eyebrows. Maybe
he over-did it as time went by. But, it is certainly an approach that is a
good counter-balance to the frantic show style that inevitably gets copied
as "tango."

I first saw Osvaldo and Lorena do this their way about 5 years ago.

I don't know if it takes an educated eye to fully appreciate what is going
on. Maybe.

I think it is brave, beautiful, lovely.

I thank the big stars who do this. It shows so much about tango that the
flash doesn't convey. And I hope they have a big influence.

In a way, it integrates performance discipline with intimate partner
social dancing. For that, I cheer.

Osvaldo and Lorena have been considering whether or not they are at a
crossroads.

They began together at the Miami Tango Fantasy. They will be there one
more time at least this year. It seems they are feeling it is important
for them to do this this year.

I sense they are right.

An opportunity to seriously consider.

Keith