[Tango-L] So, Nancy....How is it going??

NANCY ningle_2000 at yahoo.com
Tue May 13 19:08:35 EDT 2008

--- On Tue, 5/13/08, Mario <sopelote at yahoo.com> wrote:

 Say Nancy, You've been in Tango Heaven now for more than
> a week..
>   Is it everything you ever dreamed of ??

This is my tenth visit so it was what I expected.

Is the Portenio
> embrace to die for ??

Always, but as I noted some months earlier, it is also everything leading up to the embrace that makes it so wonderful.

>   Do you want to stay there or are you a little homesick?

Not homesick.  Happy to be here for seven weeks.

>   Have you discovered something new that you want to
> share??

Made some lovely new friends and discovered some great new restaurants.  Sadly, some of the old milongueros are no longer in the milongas and the general level of dancing is down with many more poor dancers taking up space. I see young men acting as taxi dancers who couldn't hack it in an intermediate class in the US.

>   Does it seem that you are spending most of your time;
>   1. eating 2. shopping 3. dancing 4 .sleeping 5. in
> taxi's 6. shopping?

  Only two pairs of shoes, so far.  Having more time, the urgency to dance every day, every minute,  is gone.  I am savoring the city and the beautiful weather and my friends on and off the dance floor.

  The cab driver sang "Mi Buenos Aires Querido' all the way home last night.  Only in Baires!