[Tango-L] More Nuevo Bashing - why?

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Mon May 12 18:29:17 EDT 2008

The first time I saw Tango ( social dance) it was by a singular couple on a
  dance floor built into their second floor...I was floored...first it was the music
  and then it was the embrace of the couple dancing..pure beauty to me..a hope.
  The second time I saw Tango (social) it was at a practica where everyone was
  dancing close embrace..I was dumbfounded..I'd never seen such beauty in public...a hope.
  Now, I've tried watching Nuevo with 'open eyes' imagining myself doing it...not
  Sure, it can be pretty and so can salsa...so what? ..and besides the fact that it needs
  three times (at least) the space of abrazo milonguero, I just have no interest in dancing it.
  What the heck is it doing at my dance event??? That's what I can't understand..
  It's not an evolution nor an improvement. It's a dis-connect as far as I'm concerned.
  With my first love, the Tango has a beauty that is indescribeable. We've all seen the
  pictures of couples locked in ecstatic embrace..sleeping, dreaming, laying together
  in the walking embrace..what are these other people doing? ..and who let them in
  to do it here? Don't they know that this is a celestial dreamroom and not a skate-board park??