[Tango-L] Ladies Leading

Keith Elshaw keith at totango.net
Sun May 4 13:26:16 EDT 2008

Man though I am, I shall dare to offer another way of thinking about it all.

There is a very good reason why many women decide to give leading a go: so
they don't have to sit all night.

Typically, there are more good women dancers than men. Most of the women I
have seen, in many cities, giving lead a serious try is so that (as single
women) they don't get bored out of their minds every time they go out. I'm
on their side. Stay at home - or lead a bit? Why not?

No one should feel threatened.

Of course, they find me a willing partner and a help if they are seeking
that. The ladies who lead me are social friends and we are having fun for
a few minutes. Real tango fun.

It's a growing trend. 'Gonna happen whether people like it or not.