[Tango-L] Milonga P.S.

Tom Stermitz stermitz at tango.org
Sat May 3 21:42:24 EDT 2008

Umm... Milonga is a child of tango, not a parent. In the twenties,
there was a range of tango-tango/milonga-milonga. Milonga became
differentiated from tango in the 1930s as tangos slowed down, and
milongas sped up, and the candombera feeling was put into the milonga.

There was a different music called milonga in the 1800s, but that
isn't what we are talking about when we discuss milonga.