[Tango-L] Ladies Leading

Nina Pesochinsky nina at earthnet.net
Sat May 3 21:37:20 EDT 2008

Larry,

First, I had to laugh.  Now I can be serious.

So where did the men get the naive idea that following is not having
"to think or be responsible or anything but just float along and
enjoy the music." ?!

I think that you should follow, but not a woman.  Follow a man who is
good, and do wear 4" heels while dancing with him. (any
transvestite/stage costume store should have something that you can
use in large enough of a size to fit a man's foot).  And listen
carefully to his musicality so that your feel land on the music.  If
this works out right away, make sure that your body moves in such a
way that everybody will know instantly that the man you are dancing
with is a great dancer.   Start with that, if you dare.

I'd love to hear the report.

Best,

Nina