[Tango-L] Musicality and embrace of B.A.

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Sat May 3 08:17:00 EDT 2008

> We need to give followers the ability to say no to leads who don't feel
> good.

The ability to say no to guys is something girls start out with. So
perhaps you should consider what it is about your method that has taken it
away from them, rather than looking to invent a method to restore it.

Again, "If it ain't broke, don't break it."

> This will set an unspoken hierarchy and healthy competition
> between leads that is based on dancing for the follower's pleasure.

That's natural guy-girl stuff and is not helped by instruction.

Indeed is hindered. E.g. by methods to make the guy "feel successful".

Guys, set your sights on "Be successful".

--
Chris

PS

> We need to stop letting any instructor come into our communities and
> teach unless, trivial moves,

Careful. For the most effective way of doing this, see the advice on this
list from the resident instructors teaching useless, trivial moves.