[Tango-L] Embrace and musicality in Buenos Aires.

romerob@telusplanet.net romerob at telusplanet.net
Fri May 2 09:08:58 EDT 2008

> Over the years, tangueras returning from Buenos Aires
raved about the Porteno tangueros.  They said that the
Portenos lead easy steps, used a secure and passionate
embrace, and displayed wonderful musicality.  As a
friend of mine was gushing about the Portenos'
embrace, I asked her why she didn't she just teach the
embrace to the men here.  She looked at me like I was
insane<

My 2 cents:

If tango dancing can be comparable to kissing in the way how dance is
interjected with pauses and changes of intensity, then this might be equivalent
to teaching a man how to kiss a woman.

I think the issue is learning how to apply the principles porteños use on the
dance floor to one's situation.

Cheers,

Bruno