[Tango-L] Certification vs. Qualifications

Floyd Baker febaker at buffalotango.com
Fri May 2 08:12:26 EDT 2008

On Fri, 2 May 2008 12:28 +0100 (BST), you wrote:

>> A seal of approval from the Argentine government, as approved by the
>> people they choose to judge the instructors around the world would be
>> a lot more than a vanity credential.
>
>I think you'd find the Argentine govt are amongst /last/ people the tango
>world would trust for a seal of approval.

As far as upholding many people's current way of
'teaching/mechanizing' of Tango..?    For sure!

>> It would be a copyright protected symbol

>Ho ho! ;)

As much as any others we already have, trust and go with...
Would you have a problem trying to get one?

>Floyd, this proposal of yours made more sense its original 100% ironic form.

Well perhaps it did... But there were so many that wanted to change it
into ways that were obviously counter productive and already shown to
not work., that I thought it MUST be a good idea.   ??

I'm pretty sure it will never happen of course.   But wouldn't it be
nice if it did?    I'm an optimist and idealist you know...  Makes
life more hopeful and enjoyable to think better things are coming.
It also helps that I eat a frog every morning.   The rest of the day
always looks brighter then...

Take care...

Floyd

     Buffalo Tango - Argentine Tango - How To Tango
     * * * * * *  www.buffalotango.com  * * * * * *