[Tango-L] Qualifying Tango Instructors.

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Thu May 1 11:29:00 EDT 2008

> We really do need to have Tango instructors pass some kind of exam..,

Such a system is already in place. One has to pass the examination of a
few dozen people who know little or nothing about tango or the dance, then
instruct them for a few weeks.

Voila. You are now - by definition - a tango instructor. ;)

> I think that maybe a video of three separate classes that were given
> by the particular instructor could be sent to a committee in Bs.As. to
> be approved or rejected...   :-)

One UK tango website provides service wherein a student can email-in the
name of a prospective teacher to get an answer saying whether that teacher
"really is well respected in Buenos Aires".

I kid you not. www.totaltango.com/acatalog/tango_beginners_guide_42.html .

--
Chris