[Tango-L] Bad Dog

Valerie Dark valerie.dark at gmail.com
Sun Mar 23 11:41:19 EDT 2008

I received many private replies to my post about "Invisibility".
Thanks, everyone, who took the time to write. You had some worthwhile
feedback about why men might avoid a woman that they had danced with
earlier.

Interestingly, no men offered up the following explanation. I've seen
it happen a lot. I'm sure I've been guilty of it myself. I've given
this one a lot of thought and I posted it on my blog.

http://crypticember.blogspot.com/2008/03/bad-dog.html

BASICS OF TRAINING A DOG TO COME
Rule #1. Don't punish him when he does come.

People make this mistake with their dogs all the time. Rover, come!
Come here, Rover. Dang you, get over here, Rover.

You roll up a newspaper. Rover sees the newspaper and thinks, why,
that would be fun to fetch. Maybe she'll throw it.

Come, Rover!

Rover trots over, and WHACK, you smack him in the nose. Bad dog, Rover! Bad.

Rover gets the message. Whatever you do don't come over to this one.

--
Cryptic Ember - The tango blog of Valerie Dark
http://crypticember.blogspot.com