[Tango-L] followers expressiveness

Oleh Kovalchuke tangospring at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 13:30:13 EDT 2008

I don't have a good approach to how to teach followers musicality in a group
lesson.

In privates, I explain and show how I feel the music, so they can hear my
interpretation (where to I might slow down, speed up, go with the small or
large steps etc.). Once the follower understands my interpretation she can
explore and contribute to the dance (because I listen to her interpretation
as well). This conversation between partners is very subtle, therefore I
work on it with those followers, who are already comfortable with their
balance and the basic footsteps.

It helps to work with one orchestra throughout the lesson, especially with
those followers, who are not used as yet to dance to classic tango (common
occurrence in Colorado Springs).

--
Oleh Kovalchuke
Argentine tango : Connection, Balance, Rhythm