[Tango-L] space in close embrace

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 13 18:32:58 EDT 2008

--- "Chris, UK" <tl2 at chrisjj.com> wrote:

> > she doesn't extend the leg from the hip. she starts
> under the rib cage.
>
> Girls, unless you too have had your hip joints surgically
> raised by 20cm...
>
> ...keep in mind that region is employed equally by the
> standing leg,
> giving you groundedness that should not be compromised
> for extra extension.

Chris,

There are two vertical halves of the body and two matching
set of muscles.  Hence, use one set for grounding and the
other for extension.  Also the muscles for the leg start
way up in the spine.  Actually, when posture is good, one
only needs to inhale to raise the hip and free the leg.  A
nifty little trick leads can use in close-embrace.

Trini

  Our Mission: To make Argentine Tango Pittsburgh’s most popular social dance!
  http://patangos.home.comcast.net/