[Tango-L] Open Embrace Connection

Keith keith at tangohk.com
Tue Mar 11 23:15:36 EDT 2008

David,

>From my experience, what you're describing is quite unusual - I mean changing from
close embrace to a more open embrace. Most people learn open because, initially,
they feel more comfortable that way. But, gradually, they get closer until they dance
close. Usually this is a natural progression. Often, I'm the first person that ladies
dance with in close embrace and what I find is that, in almost every case, they NEVER
want to go back to open embrace.

If the ladies you're describing have danced with you before in close embrace, I think
that what might be happening is that they want to stay in close embrace, which is
why they're leaning towards you - trying to make contact. In the meantime, it sounds
like you're trying to keep them away from you -  in an open embrace.

David, once the lady has experienced your delicious close embrace - she never wants
to give it up. As TFH is always telling us, and I agree, dance for the lady, not for
yourself. Give her what SHE wants. And, after giving her close embrace, to then deny
it is cruel and unusual punishment :-).

Keith, HK

 On Wed Mar 12  0:16 , David Thorn  sent: