[Tango-L] Lot's of footspace in close embrace

Maria Olivera ma_olivera at yahoo.com.ar
Sun Mar 9 12:07:32 EDT 2008

Hello Mario & Keith,

Even when it's true that there are many differences in the way Oscar & Mary
Anne, and Gustavo and I dance, I wouldn't say that the difference is the
style. The four of us are clearly dancing Salón Style, and we called it like
that because anyone that dances in such a way that can fit to any milonga,
respecting the rules of navigation in a dance floor and keeping a constant
close embrace, will be dancing Salón Style. "Milonguero" is only a different
way of calling the same thing.

Actually, I've never danced with Oscar (though I'd love to) because he is
too tall and I'm too short (he's even taller than Gustavo), but Gustavo had
danced with Mary Anne and our ways of dancing are totally compatible.

The way in which each dancer places his/her feet is what build up each
dancer's personality on the dance floor and what makes each dancer original
or not, but that doesn't mean that the styles are not compatible.

Anyway, thanks a lot for your interest in our dancing.

María Olivera