[Tango-L] floor finishings

Thorsten Zörner mail at thorstenzoerner.de
Mon Mar 3 11:34:35 EST 2008

Hi Rosalia,

very briefly my ideas for a great tango dance floor:
In my studio I have planks of soft red Pine wood on battens.
The planks have tongue and grooves all around and
are fixed to the battens trough the grooves, such that all screws
disappear.

The surface was sanded once and then oiled/let dry tree times,
building up a great surface for tango:
It is soft, but not bouncy, it allows to pivot but it's not slippery.
It's been three years now, that I had this floor installed
and I mainly only vacuum-cleaned it in the meanwhile - no more wax,
oil or such was added.
It works great!

However in general, you don't want to have too soft a wood in your
living room,
because you get marks from furniture easily...

Cheers,
Thorsten, Düsseldorf.