[Tango-L] Nuevo, Apilado... and marketing. The botom line is always $$$

Amaury de Siqueira amaurycdsf at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 29 01:35:50 EDT 2008

This is exactly what I have been talking about....  I know people's responses to this thread are well intended.  However, the point that I am trying to make remains the same....its all tango folks... one may after a while choose to dance in close embrace and then perhaps naturally leaning into a partner... others may start in close embrace and then decide to move a bit apart for the sake of experimenting with new movements and musical interpretation.

Dancers change over time.  Such division and animosity may over the long run prevent folks from trying a new style.

As I said earlier... it is not necessary to create this division and segmentation (close/open; nuevo/viejo)... its all tango.  Such division appears to me an attempt to exploit commercial opportunities.  An earlier posting defending marketing as a valid practice, missed the point entirely. One may choose to learn one or two styles while others may choose just one....

Amaury