[Tango-L] Apilado, Practica X , Generation Y and Mario

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 15:04:19 EDT 2008

I guess we all have to answer the question of 'why I dance' for ourselves.
  My thing is the connection, the music and yes, having a beautiful chick hanging onto my neck.
  OK..so, maybe the Universe doesn't care 'why Mario dances'..it sure doesn't seem to.
  I like the Apilado thing but I like the 'V' embrace (hinge) too..
  ..and now, Tango N is making the 'simple' stuff look boring..
  ..I feel embarrased when I just want to walk around the room at a practica..
  ..everyone's asking me,,'but don't you want to do the steps that you practise in class?'
  ..truth is; I don't. I like the classes they are very helpful, they will produce results..
  ..I am introduced to the 'timing' in the song, to being able to square off my moves so that
  they are at ninety degrees to each other and look 'Tango'...I am learning to finish my move
  when the woman finishes her's..things go smoothly that way..like silk!
  ..but when I am at a dance....I want to dance...I want the connection..I want to listen to
  the music..and I want to feel the chick close to me.. does that make me strange??