[Tango-L] Molinetes - the REAL tango basic

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Mon Jun 23 07:13:49 EDT 2008

larrynla at juno.com wrote:
> Have you learned molinetes, also called giros?  If so, you know what
> many Argentines consider the real tango basic.  The linear pattern of
> the 8CB and its cousins are derided by some as tango for foreigners.

Given what "foreigners" can do to a ronda with just *one* back step and
a forward moving pattern, one shudders at the tought of tango lessons
using an in-place (and isotropic -- insert moves at any point and in any
orientation!) molinete as the "basic", though.

Alexis Cousein                                  al at sgi.com
Senior Systems Engineer/Solutions Architect     SGI/Silicon Graphics
--
<If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals>