[Tango-L] Changes of direction II

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 22 23:27:31 EDT 2008

Changes of direction are not easy to understand.

Change of direction from a back cross:

A woman starts a back ocho, (let's say that she crosses her left leg back),  when the left leg of the woman is the one crossing this is part of a left turn.

So at the beginning of a back ocho the woman crosses her left leg back and this is part of a left turn. She could continue a left turn by opening with right and
crossing front with left. But...

If as soon as she steps on her left foot after she crossed back (her weight is on her left foot) I lead her to move her right foot forward to my right, (I step back with my left after bringing my right together to the left and changing weight) this unusual move is a front cross with her right leg and therefore, that particular step will be part of a turn to the right.

This would be a change of direction from a left turn to a right one.

Sergio