[Tango-L] A suggestion for Mario

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 18 10:11:43 EDT 2008

Hi Alex,
    I have agreed to 4 posts a week on Tango-L. So, this is my last one this week.
  If just a few more complaints are posted, I will cease posting here altogether.
  So, this is your chance Astrid, complain and get one or two in agreement and
  you get rid of another boring newbie.  Your stuff is soooo interesting.
   Today, I passed a basketball court and saw a 28 yr old doing lay-ups.
  The layup in whistleball is the basic 8 in Tango. It's used about as often and
  is about as interesting. His layup was not smooth. Either it's been a very long
  time for this dude since highschool or he never really learned it well.
  It started me thinking. It took a complete two years of frequent practise for me
  to be able to do a great layup along with other moves (nice jump shot, hook, etc.)
  You have to remember, this was when there were only 2 black players in the NBA
  and they weren't allowed to have their feet leave the floor..(check out old films).
  Anyway, by my third year, I could do virtually anything I wanted to do in basketball.
  Why should Tango be any different? Or come to me quicker? ..a nice relaxing thought!