[Tango-L] 8 Count basic

Deby Novitz dnovitz at lavidacondeby.com
Tue Jun 17 12:39:20 EDT 2008

I have never been led in the 8 count basic on a milonga floor in Buenos
Aires.  Only once, 5 years ago at Lo de Celia, when one of the dancers
from Forever Tango wanted to make fun of how tango is danced in the U.S.

Th 8 count basic is however used as a teaching tool.  I used it myself
with my former partners.  It is useful for the lead and the follower.
Typically here in BA the cross is the ocho cortado or ocho milonguero.
You have to know how to lead it Mario to use it.  You don't just do it.
You don't just do anything without feeling the music.  Ganchos, boleos,
and whatever other fancy step you think you need to dance tango is
useless without listening to the music.

Database version: 5.10060e
http://www.pctools.com/en/spyware-doctor/