[Tango-L] Tango Police

Anton Stanley antonst at alidas.com.au
Tue Jun 10 19:55:10 EDT 2008

I have been described as anarchistic/chaotic by nature. Yet it's in
perpetual conflict with the obvious benefits of order. Take as an
example your field within computers Alexis; I can't begin to imagine the
chaos if languages like Cobol, Fortran, Pascal, PHP, Java etc. had
developed independently in differing pockets around the world, with
colloquial interpretations and variations based on local peer group
pressure. You would also know that strict guidelines don't inhibit
creativity, but actually creates a climate of greater creativity.  So I
for one who has worked within the real world constraints of creative
boundaries like yourself Alexis, don't fear the concept of Tango Police.
Provided they have fairly attractive credentials in that field and don't
wear jackboots.

Anton