[Tango-L] Milonga - inspiration for the weekend

Tango Society of Central Illinois tango.society at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 21:11:49 EDT 2008

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 2:09 PM, Burak Ozkosem <buraktango at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ron has a point, however, dancing on tango beat with couple syncopations
>  does not mean milonga dancing necessarily. I would prefer to choose calm
> dancing compared to unsuccessfull chasing of the music. Does it make sense?

Burak,

It's not exactly clear what you're saying. Since I presented videos of Pocho
and Dany Garcia dancing what appeared to be milonga, tt sounds like you're
saying that Pocho and Dany Garcia are dancing 'on tango beat with couple
synchopations' instead of milonga. If that is correct, could you please
clarify how Pocho and Dany can dance milonga better. I will be seeing them
next month so I can convey your suggestions to them if you like.

Cheers,

Ron