[Tango-L] Milongas of Buenos Aires - 2

Astrid astrid at ruby.plala.or.jp
Wed Jun 4 19:21:43 EDT 2008

The first one or two postings expressed your surprise at how your body felt
after a long overseas flight (hellooo?). The first 3 of them dealt with how
you kept changing hotels night after night, trying to find one where people
did not smoke, and how you locked yourself into your room and then smoke
came in from under your door and you tried to tape it shut and so on. And
then you finally got a milonga or two and reported how the portenas looked
right through you, noone danced with you and you were quite happy to
discover some Anerican tourist women to spend the time with.
And then you claimed a copyright for those reports in case anyone wanted to
steal that valuable information....

Christian:
Larry de Los Angeles wrote to Tango-L:
> Several people have emailed me asking for the names of the milongas I
> went to.  It was several years ago; I don't remember.

Those who are *really* interested might try to search the Tango-L archives.
>From what I remember from those postings to Tango-L you also kept us very
>well informed about which McDonalds was open at what time of the night
>before you managed to get to your first milonga on day three or so. It was
>quite an amazing read, I have to admit =;-o.

Christian