[Tango-L] Tango and Management Skills

Paul Shrivastava paul.shri at gmail.com
Wed Jun 4 13:19:41 EDT 2008

Larry, Thanks for sharing LA Tango websites.  I will be in Anaheim (Aug
10 Monday) presenting at a conference of the Academy of Management.  My
symposium focuses on using Tango to teach Management skills of
leadership, communication, teamwork, risk taking etc.  The audience is
Management professors from around the country and abroad.  The
conference has 10,000 attendees but our session will be for about 150
people.  So I have about 5 couples simulating a mini Milonga doing three
dances.  And then we discus how Tango embodies these management concepts
and can be used for learning them.
After the presentation we will offer a beginner lesson, and then take
interested people to a local Milonga.  So I will recommend your web
sites to them.

It is possible we may need a lead for one of our followers.  Would you
or someone in LA be interested?  This is a volunteer effort to take
Tango into a new venue.

Paul Shrivastava, Ph.D.
Tel 610-737-7333
www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/shrivast