[Tango-L] Example of Nuevo dancing to the music. Was (no subject).

Brick Robbins brick at fastpack.com
Mon Jul 28 13:07:26 EDT 2008

Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2008 18:11 +0100 (BST)
From: "Chris, UK" <tl2 at chrisjj.com>
Subject: Re: [Tango-L] (no subject)

>>I don't recall one convincing example of nuevo dancing from the music.<<

How about this?
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&VideoID=5719494

( http://tinyurl.com/5vw4fj if that wraps )

It looks pretty musical to me. The dance goes back and forth between
close embrace and "neuvo," so view it till at least a minute before
you tell me it is not "nuevo."

You might also find the "a colgada odyessy" video on that page either
interesting or offensive.

And yes, there are some mistakes. The dances weren't performances per
se, but rather demonstrations of concepts taught in the preceding
workshops.