[Tango-L] Nuevo lead and follow and repressed teaching

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 27 23:37:11 EDT 2008

Oh yeah, I recognise that. I know some intermediate guys that teach their
own partner and they actually look quite good together. The problem comes
when the girl tries to dance with somebody else and she has no idea what
the man wants her to do because she can't recognise a 'familiar pattern'.
Another problem is groups who learn together at the same classes and
dance together a lot. They have problems when they mix with other groups.
Oh, are we talking Nuevo again? :-)
But, seriously, I've actually read a couple of jokers on this list [Chris and
another I forget] who seen to advocate no classes for ladies. Are they
serious or did I mis-read their meaning?
Jack