[Tango-L] How do yoou know it is tango

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 23 03:48:18 EDT 2008

--- On Tue, 7/22/08, Jack Dylan <jackdylan007 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Pupi Castello was correct and I think everyone who learns
> tango discovers this for himself.
> Which I suspect is why many people enjoy Nuevo. No need
> to worry about that pesky walk :-)
> Jack

Well, I enjoy Nuevo because it's just plain fun.  One of my students (and a popular dancer) is young man well into his 60's, doing nuevo pretty well.  And if I can move as fluidly as he when I get to be his age, then cool!  So his posture isn't perfect and neither is his walk.  But he can skate rings around me at the ice-skating rink in his old-fashioned thin leather skates.  Watching him and his wife of 40+ years dance nuevo reminds me of what's really important in life - health, happiness, and love.

Happy, healthy, loving tangos to all,
Trini de Pittsburgh