[Tango-L] "Would you like to lead or follow?"

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Sat Jul 19 11:12:00 EDT 2008

>> "Would you like to lead or follow?"
> A perfectly reasonable question by the woman.

It is a perfectly reasonable question by a /man/.

> A man who never learns to follow never learns the difference between
> good leading and bad leading.
>
> There is no rule in Argentine Tango that the man has to be the leader?
>
> You will not get any respect because you THINK you are a leader.
> In my opinion, you will get great respect when you learn to lead
> WELL, and can also follow.

That seems to miss the point. Man Following doesn't equal Man Following
Woman.

Man and woman alike learn from the good lead of a man. But to attribute
this to the following, and hence to assume this works when the leader is
instead a woman pretending to be a man, is to misunderstand.

--
Chris