[Tango-L] Will close embrace go the way of the dinosaur?

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 9 13:39:53 EDT 2008

OK..maybe this theme was discussed in the archives....should I therefore only
  research archives on Tango-L? ...and never post?  I'm sure that some would love that.
  Anyway, the new stuff is all happening in Nuevo, that's why it's called Nuevo...There
  are new combinations and new ways of looking at all the possibilities and what exactly
  the dance "Tango" is. The intellectual element is also in Nuevo, they are addressing the
  'structure' of the dance, de constructing it and attempting to make a 'science' of it all...
  Chris U.K. may see all this as 'Nuevo's'  blatant attempt to make a living but let's face it,
  Chris is overlooking much too much of the force and innovation of the new approach.
  My personal fear is that the close-embrace will be relagated to a few speak-easys in BsAs
  and more and more dancers will be expecting distance between the leader and follower.
  My turn-on is the connection. The music is wonderful but the Tango connection is like  making love,
  even better in some ways. If this connection goes, we lose a lot...at least, I do.